This page is intended to provide information about inspections for building permits in the City of Oakdale. All building permit applications are now being done via the online services platform. During the application process, applicants will be prompted to schedule an inspection.
Requesting an Inspection
Once permit applications and plans have been approved and paid for, you can request an inspection through the online services portal OR by calling 651-739-5150. A confirmation email will be sent if the requested time is available, or other available times will be sent if it is unavailable.
NOTE: Submitting a request for an inspection DOES NOT guarantee the inspection. You will receive an email confirmation when the inspection is scheduled.
To schedule an electrical inspection, go to tokleinspections.com or call Peter Tokle at 763-754-2983, between the hours of 7AM to 8:30AM, Monday through Friday.
NOTE: Electrical inspections are now following the 2023 NEC Electrical Code.
Fire inspections need to be scheduled directly with the Oakdale Fire Marshal, Mike Turnbull at 651-377-0295.
Inspection times vary; therefore, it is encouraged to schedule your appointment as far in advance as possible. A 48-hour notice or more during summer months is preferred. Please provide the address, permit number and type of inspection needed. Inspection descriptions are listed below.
- Footing: After formwork and/or holes are completed but before the concrete is poured.
- Concrete walls, columns and slabs: After forms and rebar are completed but before concrete is poured.
- Foundation waterproofing or damp proofing with insulation: After the product has been applied and insulation is in place but before backfilling.
- For a drain-tile or radon system: After the piping, rock, sump basket and vapor barrier (if applicable) are complete but before backfilling or pouring concrete.
- Underground plumbing or heating/gasline: After all piping is in place but before backfilling or pouring concrete. Some systems do require a pressure test at the time of inspection.
- Plumbing, electrical, HVAC/gasline: Approved before scheduling a framing inspection, includes gas and electric fireplaces. Gaslines do require an air test at the time of inspection.
- Framing/sheathing: Before covering and after all other rough-ins are approved and signed off.
- Insulation: Before covering framing corrections and after all material is installed.
- Drywall/firewalls/shear walls: After insulation is approved and drywall is installed, ready to be taped.
- Finals: Before any occupancy, including personal storage. Plumbing, electrical, HVAC and grading must be completed and approved before scheduling. Smoke and C/O detectors must also be in place.