Get Help

There are many community resources available in Oakdale and Washington County to help people in need.

Economic Assistance for Individuals & Families

The Washington County Community Services Department provides support to low income residents of Washington County, such as cash support, medical programs, food support, and child care assistance. Contact the intake line at 651-430-6459 or visit the Washington County Community Services Department website

Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties

Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties brings together community resources to reduce poverty. CAP programs include assistance with energy bills, Head Start and Early Start early childhood learning, and self-sufficiency training. Visit Community Action Partnership website or call 651-645-6445.

Help for Job Seekers

Visit Washington County Workforce Center website to learn more about resources available for job seekers to be connected to employment opportunities through a variety of job training options.

Help for People with Disabilities

The Disability Hub MN is a free statewide resource network for people with disabilities to find help solving problems, navigating the system, and planning for the future. Call to request information and referrals on disability benefits programs, home modifications, assistive technology, personal assistance services, transition services, accessible housing, employment, social activities, and disability rights. Call 1-800-333-2466 or visit the Disability Hub MN website for more information.

Help for People Experiencing Homelessness

Washington County is available to help homeless individuals and families find temporary shelter and/or permanent housing. Visit Washington County’s webpage for more information on services available.

Help for Seniors

The Senior Linkage Line® is the Minnesota Board on Aging’s free statewide information and assistance service. Senior Linkage Line® helps connect you to services in your community and personally assists you in getting information and individualized help. Call 1-800-333-2433 or visit the Senior Linkage Line website to get started.

Help for Veterans

The Veterans Linkage Line is a free information and referral service for Minnesota Veterans and their families. The hotline provides Minnesota Veterans and their family members with up-to-date information on all veterans benefits, both state and federal, regarding education, employment, health and disability, burials, and other available resources. Call 1-888-546-5838 or visit the LinkVet website.  

Legal Aid

Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm specializing in providing professional legal help to persons who traditionally lack access to the American justice system and cannot afford the services of a private attorney. Call 612-334-5970 or visit Mid-Minnesota website.