In an effort to accurately gauge satisfaction levels of quality of life and city services, the City of Oakdale conducted a community survey in 2020. The survey is the most accurate way for the City to hear from a large number of residents across the city and all demographics about what is important to them. The survey results help City Council and staff develop priorities for where to focus efforts and resources.
Of the 1,700 surveys that were sent to households selected at random, 496 were completed. The City also conducted a supplemental online survey that was open to all residents, which received an additional 74 responses.
The survey is conducted via mail in partnership with National Research Center (NRC), a Colorado survey research firm. NRC conducts community surveys all over the country, allowing us to compare our survey ratings to more than 600 communities across the country. Below are the results of the survey, which concluded in July 2020.
Overall, residents gave high marks for satisfaction with the City of Oakdale.
- 91% gave satisfied ratings for Oakdale as a place to live
- 85% gave satisfied ratings for the overall quality of life in Oakdale
- 8 in 10 respondents plan to remain in Oakdale for the next five years
- 9 in 10 respondents would recommend living in Oakdale to someone who asked
- 8 in 10 residents positively rated the quality of city services