Property and Assessment Verification Request
To receive a written response itemizing all outstanding balances that relate to a particular property within the City, or for more detailed information than what is available on the City's website, a formal special assessment records request is required. A written request for search and retrieval of records is initiated by completing a Property and Assessment Verification Request Form. Follow the instructions below regarding the online services platform to complete your request.
- Requests must be submitted using Oakdale’s online services platform.
- Fees must be collected before staff will begin the record request.
- Response times are typically three business days, although city staff will work diligently to process requests as quickly as possible. Companies and individuals should not expect a same-day turnaround for information. Plan your business needs accordingly to allow for staff to respond to your request for information.
- Please follow up with all other taxing jurisdictions (including Washington County and relevant watershed district) to identify any other pending or levied assessments.
Using the Online Services Platform
To request a property and special assessment verification report, follow the instructions below to utilize the online services platform:
- Navigate to the online services platform and select "Apply Online" on the form. Create an online account if you do not already have one.
- Complete the form.
Creating an Online Services Account
How to Sign Up:
- Navigate to the online services platform.
- In the upper right corner, click "Log In" and select the blue button that says "Sign Up Using Secure Portal."
- Enter an email address and create a password that meets the criteria: 8 characters or more, 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 digit
- Click "Log On."
- You can then proceed with completing the request. You will be prompted to complete your profile.
There are three options for payment:
- Credit card via the online services platform
- In person at City Hall: 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128
- Mail to Finance Department: 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128
To pay online:
- Click on the link in the email indicating payment is ready.
- Log in to your online services account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the online payment process via credit card.
NOTE: Online processing fees apply for credit card payment.