Is my business required to be licensed by Oakdale?

The City of Oakdale issues these licenses to businesses:

  • Christmas Tree Sales
  • Fireworks Sales
  • Liquor Sales and Keg Beer
  • Massage Therapy and Bodywork 
  • Mobile Food Vendor
  • Pawnbroker Dealer
  • Precious Metal Dealer
  • Rental Housing
  • Secondhand Good Dealer
  • Solid Waste Hauler
  • Tobacco Sales
  • Tree Services

General Business Licenses: Although the City does not issue general business licenses, we strongly encourage you to touch base with our staff by calling 651-730-2739 at your earliest convenience to provide your business name, address, telephone number, and when your business will open. This information will be provided to a member of the police and/or fire department and they will contact you to get details on alarms, key holders, type of business, and whether flammable or hazardous materials. 

To learn more, please visit the Business License page.

Show All Answers

1. How do I stop sales people from knocking on my door?
2. How do I know if a solicitor is licensed?
3. How do I know if a tree services company is licensed to perform work in Oakdale?
4. Is my business required to be licensed by Oakdale?
5. How do I report a solicitor not licensed by Oakdale?