A modern roundabout is an unsignalized circular intersection used to maximize safety, minimize traffic delay, and provide aesthetic benefits.
How to Navigate a Roundabout
- When entering a roundabout, motorists should remember:
- Slow down as you approach the intersection.
- Select proper lane (if navigating a multi-lane roundabout) based on signing and striping.
- Look and stop for pedestrians.
- Yield to all vehicles already in the roundabout.
- Do not pass vehicles or change lanes within the roundabout.
- If you encounter an emergency vehicle, continue to your planned exit.
For more information, visit Washington County's Roundabout U.